Friday, August 3, 2012

What a Wonderful Ride

Today, I am doing what thousands of animals have been fortunate to do when leaving the VBSPCA- I am going to a new home.

During my 6 years of employment, I have had the opportunity to be the recipient of kindness and generosity which truly humbled me to my core.  Many of these individuals were entirely unaware of the affect they had on my life's journey.  People like Barbara Vandeventer, that allowed me to orchestrate the pairing of an elderly woman with a senior dog.  She taught me about dedication and unwavering love. People like the educators throughout Hampton Roads that were willing to share their classroom time with the primary goal of enhancing their students' lives and futures.  People like Sharon Adams, that have spent a career's time diligently working towards meaningful change.  Of course there were all of the animal advocates that were willing to stand up and be the voice for those that don't have one.  These unsung heroes are found in every day places such as animal shelters, news stations, classrooms, laundromats, and grocery stores.  They have a huge responsibility in changing the world for both people and animals, and they are staying the course. 


Barbara with 16-year old Otis
So, as I begin to put pen to paper, beginning a new chapter in my book of life, I would like to thank everyone that has made these past 6 years so magical.  Looking in my rear view mirror at my journey thus far, I see just how far I have come.  The magician of life has transformed me from a girl with a dream to a woman with a mission.  And for that, I am eternally grateful.  I take my collage of memories, experiences and dreams with me, and it is my hope that you all continue fighting the good fight.  

With Sincere Gratitude
Peace-n-Paws
~Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment